Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Procedure: Mounting an EnCase E01 Image with FTK Imager

My previous post detailed a template that I use when creating procedures. As promised, in this post I have taken the template and created a procedure using its framework. The procedure itself is quite rudimentary, mounting a forensically created image, however, the focus for the purpose of this post is on the framework, not the content. Using this framework, by providing a consistent format with clear details and instructions, you can start to build a valuable library of procedures that can be referenced and repeated, even by the noobs.

Take a look below and provide any feedback if you wish. As I stated in my first post on this blog, I want feedback, and look forward to peer review. The procedures moving forward from here will be more technical and provide some great examples of different approaches in getting work done.

The procedure can be accessed from this link via Google Drive. 

Enjoy, Mr. Orinoco






No comments:

Post a Comment